Geneva Airport Transfers with AlpyBus
Geneva Airport Transfers
Also known as Geneva Cointrin International Airport or GVA for short.
Geneva airport is located just 4km from the city centre and serves millions of passengers each year.
AlpyBus offer a variety of airport transfers from Geneva to ski resorts in the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. The airport is perfectly situated to get you on the slopes in no time.
Arriving into Geneva airport is quite something, surrounded by snow capped mountains and crossing over Lake Geneva on landing, passengers get a great birds eye view of the Alps.
We work very closely with Geneva Airport and have a desk located on the Swiss side arrivals hall which is manned by our representatives during the winter and summer seasons.
As you enter the arrivals hall from the baggage reclaim, take a RIGHT, walk in the direction of Montreux Jazz Cafe, (approximately 20 meters) and our desks are located next the Jazz Cafe.
We have three different desks to accommodate all our ticket types and give priority to partner bookings and AlpyPLUS+ tickets as well as private transfers.
Check out this handy map to help you find us in the airport -
The airport has a French and Swiss side, most arrivals land on the Swiss side, with local French flights landing on the French side. The Charter Terminal (Terminal 2) is a 5 minute walk from the main terminal and serves flights for the likes of Thomas Cook and other big holiday companies.
There is regular public transport leaving Geneva Airport running to the city centre of Geneva.
When leaving Geneva Airport with your AlpyBus driver, you will also discover we have priority parking, no need for the long walk to the other parking areas that some transfer companies have to park in, our transfer vehicle will be waiting for you right outside the main arrivals hall!
What is the estimated transfer and travel time to resort?
You transfer time will vary depending on the time of year, the time of day, other drops on route and the weather conditions, but here our estimated travel times for each ski resort -
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Morzine 1 hour 30 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Les Gets 1 hour 15 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Prodain 1 hour 40 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Avoriaz 1 hour 50 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Chamonix 1 hour 15 minutes.
Transfer from Geveva Airport to Les Houches 1 hour 10 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Verbier 2 hours 15 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to ValThorens 3 hours 30 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Courmayeur 1 hour 40 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Megeve 1 hour 20 minutes.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to Saint Gervais 1 hour 10 minutes.
Why take an airport transfer?
Taking an airport transfer is a highly recommend for a number of reasons.
- Taxi prices are often very high and they cannot always accommodate your ski equipment.
- Choosing a shared transfer actually lessons the impact on the environment, rather than separate hire cars or private taxis, taking shared transfers cuts down the carbon footprint of ski travel.
- Car hire to resorts is also costly, not mention if you find yourself in challenging weather and have no driving experience on snow, or putting on snow chains, your drive may end up being rather unpleasant.
- Pre-booked transfers offer the security that you have transport already organised, and experienced drivers are there ready to take you on your ski holiday. Our drivers and staff can also offer local knowledge about the resort you are travelling to.
- During peak season, such a February half term, you may have difficulty getting a taxi and transfers can also become fully booked, don't leave it to chance - we always recommend to our customers to book in advance to avoid disappointment. (If you are booking last minute give our office a call and we will always do our best to accommodate you.)
AlpyBus are an official partner to the Gare Routiere in Geneva Airport where you can also purchase last minute tickets for our transfers.
In addition to our manned desk in the airport, we have a full team minutes away from the Airport allowing us to be as quick and efficient in organising last minute transfers and reacting to any problems that may arise during busy transfer day.
Should you have any more questions or queries check our handy FAQ page here.
Or if you are looking for suggestions on accommodation, restaurants, ski lessons or gear rental in our resorts check out our useful links page.
We look forward to seeing you at the airport!
The AlpyBus Team