Geneva to Tignes Transfers
Geneva to Tignes Transfers
AlpyBus now offer private transfers to the popular resort of Tignes.
- With a private transfer you can reach resort in as little as 2 hours 55 minutes.
Tignes is a favourite amongst both British and French skiiers and snowboarders, it forms part of the Tignes/Val D’Isere ski area, formerly known as the Espace Killy, with 300km of pistes on offer to visitors.
Get a Quote for a shuttle transfer to Tignes
AlpyBus offer private transfers for all group sizes to Tignes.
Simply click the quote generator on the left to make a booking or get an instant quote!
Quick Guide To Tignes
The terrain in Tignes is considered world class. Forming half of the famous Espace Killy ski area, recently renamed Tignes/Val Di’Isere, the skiing is structured around the The Grande Motte glacier, sitting at 3456m. The high altitude skiing makes the resort snow record fantastic and even means skiing is possible in July on the glacier.
The ski resort is set at high altitude with villages across different levels on the various plateaus. Starting from the bottom, next to the famous dam you’ll find La Breviere at 1550, a picturesque village with traditional chalet style buildings and good access to the ski area. Moving upwards you’ll find the Tignes Les Boisses at 1800, and then Le Lavachet, both well linked by ski bus in the winter. Further up the valley you’ll find Tignes le Lac, (right next to the lake of course) offering more apartment options with purpose built accommodation buildings and a newly built sports centre. Tignes Val Claret, sat at 2100m is likely the most popular spot, with the most accommodation, restaurants and a lively nightlife to keep you entertained. Here you have the funicular train up to the glacier as well as ski lift options.
Although much of Tignes is purpose built making its less traditional look slightly less appealing than other Savoyarde style resorts, the fantastic skiing and convenience of the ski-in ski-out accommodation is certainly appealing enough to attract thousands every year making it an extremely popular resort. That being said accommodation in Tignes has been upgraded significantly in recent years meaning many more luxurious options are now available to compete with neighbouring Val D’Isere.
With a plethora of free-ride, off piste, rolling open groomed pistes and world class terrain parks, Tignes and the surrounding valley is a playground for all levels of skier and snowboarder. It’s no wonder why Tignes is regarded as one of the best spots for skiing in Europe.
Key Information about your transfer between Geneva Airport and Val D’Isere
On arrival into Geneva airport simply head to our transfer desk in the arrivals hall. For more information on how to find us click here.
- Transfer Time to and from Tignes - 2 hours 55 minutes.
- On Private transfers we drop off door to door (if the address supplied is accessible by road and depending on road conditions)
- Ski's or snowboard's, and luggage are all included in the price of your transfer but must be indicated on the booking.
- Baby and booster seats are provided free of charge, simply add this to your booking. Children and babies still require a full seat in a transfer vehicle so count as 1 passenger.
- On your return we will send you an SMS the day before your departure with your pick up time. We aim to get you to the airport at least 1.5 hours before your flight departs.
Looking for suggestions on where to stay, eat, rent gear or book a holiday in Tignes? Our useful links page has plenty of great suggestions handpicked by us.