Geneva To Chamonix Airport Transfers
We absolutely love Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, it’s one of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan ski resorts in the French Alps.
Chamonix is set at the foot of Mont Blanc, Europe's highest mountain at 16,000 feet, and has been a major alpine centre since the 19th century. It is a fascinating traditional ski resort with a bustling atmosphere and is excellent for family skiing. The picturesque year round Chamonix village offers a good range of attractions, shops, bars and restaurants.
- Chamonix is a popular ski resort for many reasons, but the short transfer time is definitely an appealing one, you can reach resort from Geneva airport to in around 1 hour 15 minutes!
Get a Quote for a Geneva to Chamonix transfer
AlpyBus offer shared and private shuttle transfers from Geneva to Chamonix and surrounding resorts including Sallanches, Le Fayet, Servoz, Les Bossons, Les Houches, Les Praz, Argentiere and Le Tour. simply click our quote calculator to get an instant quote or booking!
The infamous and spectacular views of Mont Blanc on approach into resort are enough to take your breath away, so here is our guide to Chamonix to help you make the most of your trip!
Quick Guide to Chamonix
Chamonix has made a name for itself as the most adventurous and extreme skiing there is, there are plenty of steep and challenging runs and of course - off piste runs well known the world over. The Mont Blanc Pass offers access to 952km of pistes, so it's no wonder they hosted the first ever Winter Olympics back in 1924. Alternatively you can get 157km access with the basic Chamonix pass.
Mont Blanc itself reaches 4,800 meters, making it the highest mountain in the French Alps. To experience it in all its glory you can ride the Aiguille du Midi Cable car, which takes you up to 3,482 meters. From here you’ll get a breath-taking 360 degree view as far as the eye can see (on a clear day) great for skiers and non skiers alike, this is a trip of a lifetime.
From the top of the cable car you can also access the legendary Valley Blanche, a 20km off piste trail down the glacier, it’s enough to thrill anyone from intermediate level to even the most advanced skiers and snowboarders. (A guide is recommended!)
The centre of Chamonix is partly car free with cobbled streets, old buildings, a beautiful river running through it and pavement cafes and restaurants. In addition to this visitors can enjoy a hoard of fantastic shops, with anything from Instersport for ski and snowboard hire, to big names such as Northface, Patagonia, Swarovski and Chanel even making appearance in this classic ski resort.
Practical Information about Chamonix
On your arrival into Geneva airport, please make your way to our check-in desk to take your transfer. Chamonix is very easy to reach, after crossing the boarder and leaving Switzerland the motorway takes you almost all the way to resort!
Some areas of Chamonix are pedestrianised or have restricted parking, so we may not be able to collect you directly from certain places due to these restrictions. Please consult this list if you are unsure.
Chamonix has a main bus stop, Cham Sud where we often meet passengers staying in the pedestrainised areas or travelling from other parts of the region, it is located centrally next to the Chamonix Bowling on Avenue de Courmayeur.
Key Information about your bus transfer between Chamonix and Geneva Airport
- On arrival into Geneva airport simply head to our transfer desk in the arrivals hall. For more information on how to find us click here.
- Transfer Time to and from Chamonix: 1 hour 30 minutes – (Weather and traffic permitting)
- You will be taken door to door (where accessible by road) Unlike other companies we offer a door to door service so please provide a full address so we can take you to your desired location.
- Ski's or snowboard's, and luggage are all included in the price of your transfer. If you wish to bring a bike then there is a €5 per bike charge, they must also be boxed.
- Baby and booster seats are provided free of charge, simply add this to your booking. Children and babies still require a full seat in a transfer vehicle so count as 1 passenger.
- On your return we will send you an SMS the day before your departure with your pick up time. We aim to get you to the airport at least 1.5 hours before your flight departs. On shared transfers there will be other pick ups on route so the transfer time may be longer.
Looking for suggestions on accommodation, restaurants, ski lessons or gear rental in Chamonix? Our useful links page has plenty of great suggestions handpicked by us.
AlpyBus & Ski Set Partnership - Save Up to 50%
Choosing the right ski or snowboard hire can be tricky, here at AlpyBus we highly recommend Ski-Set for all of our clients. They have shops all over the French and Swiss Alps and offer a huge range of gear rental for all abilities.
Not only can you save time be reserving your ski equipment online, did you know that all of our clients receive an additional discount on Ski and Snowboard Hire when reserving online with Ski Set?
You can book your ski & board hire using our unique discount code, pre-loaded via this link! By pre-booking you can receive up to 50% off the in resort prices, and save precious time on your holiday.