Transfer Driver Jobs in Morzine
Calling all transfer drivers for 2019/20 - are you the right fit?
Looking to do a ski-season in Morzine? Or perhaps something more long-term? We have a range of driver jobs available in ski resorts all over the French and Swiss Alps. Read on to learn more about what this really entails and more detail about what we offer as part of the job.
Each year our recruitment team seek out the most professional and competent transfer drivers to fill our transfer driver vacancies for Winter. But what does this role really mean and look like for a transfer driver in the Alps? And more specifically in Morzine and the surrounding resorts of Les Gets and Avoriaz?
Firstly, to become a transfer driver in Morzine, aside from your existing experience and qualifications, you'll need the following attributes:
1. Hard working - We work using digital Tachograph's and the laws set by the European Commission, so you are never working over a certain number of hours consecutively, this upholds safety standards for you and our passengers. But transfer driving is hard work, especially in adverse weather conditions where you rise early in the morning, clear your vehicle and fit snow chains. Driving requires a high level on concentration - all day and this job is not easy, its physical and tiring - but the financial benefits we offer are the best in the ski industry, we look after our drivers ensuring they always have the right rest and become part of a rewarding community of drivers.
2. Good customer service skills - Being a transfer driver often means you are the one and only point of contact for our clients, so your role is equally weighted as a transfer driver as it is a customer service representative, you represent our business and brand so we hold our drivers to the highest standards, we also conduct mystery shopper initiatives through the season to ensure our service is being delivered to the standard we want. Greeting the client, helping with luggage and answering any queries are all part of the day job.
3. A good sense of direction! - Morzine is a sprawling resort with two main exits and entrances so you'll need to learn your way around and will certainly be using a GPS at many points! We offer a door-to-door service in Morzine and have clients staying up in Avoriaz (around 20-30 minutes from Morzine) as well as in St Jean D'aulps further down the valley, and in the little hamlets of Nyon and Essert Romand, so you'll need to understand the nuances of each area. Our team of schedulers will ensure your pick-ups are in the right order each day - but it'll be your task to safely navigate them and keep to a schedule.
More Information - Driving Jobs with AlpyBus
All of our transfer drivers receive 1-2 weeks training in each of our resorts with our long standing drivers, Resort Managers and hard working Driver Trainers.
After the selection evaluation, you'll receive orientation of the ski resort you have taken a job in, followed by 5 'buddy' runs. Buddy runs start with you observing our Driver Trainers on a dry run between the airport and the resort, and then you'll be taken on several accompanied runs. Following this, all drivers have an evaluation and once you have passed your evaluation you'll be able to drive unaccompanied. You will also be trained on vehicle assessment procedures, safety procedures, along with driver training on vehicle handling in adverse conditions, and many more topics relevant to the job. After 45 days you will be also be automatically reassessed to ensure our standards are still be kept to.
Throughout your time as a driver for AlpyBus you will be closely working with the resort managers in each ski resort, they are there to support you and assist with any issues you encounter on your day to day job. We have a 24/7 call centre and a highly skilled operations team - ready to deal with any delays or issues you face on the road and offer easy solutions. All of our vehicles are tracked with GPS so we'll know how you are getting on with your run and our fleet team are there should you have any vehicle queries or concerns. All together we make a great team.
AlpyBus offer shared and private transfers, so some days you'll be doing multiple pick-ups and drop offs in 8- 20 seater vehicles (depending on your licence) and some days you'll just pick up one or two groups who have hired the vehicle to themselves. You'll have access to an online system that displays your entire days work with start times, pick up times and departure times from the airport. We have airport desk in Geneva with a team based there every day during the winter. As well as our main office located just 5 minutes from the airport. Here you can take any rests whilst in Geneva, meet with other team members or have a break. It has meeting rooms, a fully equipped kitchen and lounge area to relax in. This is where the HR, fleet and safety team are located as well as our wonderful call centre who you'll have plenty of contact with on their transfers to work -many of the team are based in ski resorts themselves! You will do a mix of early, late and mid shifts and the team are open to take note of your preference and accommodate where possible.
A Ski Season as a professional driver in Morzine
So if you've taken all this in, you'll also want to know what its like to juggle driving work with a ski season? Most of our professional drivers have a good work-life balance ensuring that they can take enough time to see the mountains on their days off by skiing, snowboarding and hiking. They also form strong bonds and socialise (responsibly) together during their downtime. You'll also meet many more drivers and staff who share similar interests to you and become part of the AlpyBus community along the way. In Morzine alone we have roughly between 25-30 drivers at any one time!
Contracts & Accommodation
We offer a mixture of contract options from as little as 2 or 3 days up to 4 or 5 days meaning you can decide how much or little you want to be on the road. In Morzine we also offer an accommodation packages for all of our drivers, normally in 2 person shared rooms but we have a limited number of private rooms in well-furnished and centrally located accommodation. Our drivers normally jump at the chance to stay in our pre-booked chalets, so get in quick. It also means we've done the hard work for you and you don't have to go on the search for accommodation for the season - which is not only difficult to find but can end up being rather costly - we've negotiated the best rates for you.
Many of our drivers revel in the fact that they get to meet people from all different walks of life to accompany them on the runs between the airport and the resort and for some this is the best part of the job! Of course some passengers just want to catch a few winks sleep before their flight or on route to resort, so you'll need to know how to read the customer, but most people are just excited holiday makers and are happy to hear what the snow conditions are like and what your story is, as a driver for AlpyBus you will need to enjoy this sort of interaction whilst remaining focused and driving safely.
Who are AlpyBus?
Alpybus have been running for nearly 15 years and are part of ALSA, a large organisation of transport brands that can offer other work in countries all over the world, some of our drivers go on to drive in Spain during the summer! At AlpyBus some drivers may also have the opportunity to stay on for the summer season, but work in the summer is more limited so it will depend on vacancies, but this is worth taking into consideration.
It might sound like a lot to take in but doing a ski season whilst working as a driver is not only rewarding, it offers valuable life experience and suits drivers of all ages and backgrounds, you'll leave with stories to tell and memories to last a lifetime.
We start recruiting for Winter in July so get in touch as soon as you can and our team will be delighted to hear from you!
As a reminder here are the requirements for driving with us:
Applicants must have the following requirements:
1) Professional D1 or D (minibus or coach) driving licence (*we have other positions available for B licence drivers in a different areas of the business so it is worth applying even with this licence alone)
2) Full and valid CPC Licence for the winter season
3) Digital Tachocard valid for the winter season
4) European Passport
4) No more than 6 points on the Driving License and no former disqualifications
5) Good work record for the last 3 years (CRB references checked)
6) Good command of English language
7) Enjoy the outdoors and ability to work in cold winter environment
Our driver packages compare very well to our competition and are considered the best paid in the region for transfer driving work.
For more information or to make an application for this driver job please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com