GENEVA TO MEGEVE TRANSFERS
Megève has long been a favourite of the French aristocracy and has always been associated with luxury and opulence, its short transfer times and accessibly, have led it to be one of the most desirable resorts to visit in the Alps.
· Megève offers skiers 445km of pistes to enjoy, as part of the Évasion Montblanc area and the town sits at 1100m. With our transfers you can reach Megève from Geneva airport in around 1 hour 15 minutes, one of our quickest transfers on offer!
Get a Quote for a Geneva to Megève transfer
Booking your shared or private transfers to Megève can be completed in a few easy steps, you’ll receive instant confirmation and we offer the most competitive prices in the market to this fantastic resort.
Quick Guide to Megève
Megève is located in the Haute Savoie, well-placed in relation to Geneva airport, and transfers taking as little as 1 hour 15 minutes. Weekend trips are becoming increasingly popular, but many visitor return year after year to this world famous resort.
Often thought of as the French alternative to Switzerland’s St Moritz, Megève was actually one of the first purpose built ski resorts. But you’ll see no concrete high rises here - given the birth of the ski town was in the 1920’s (heavily invested in by the famous Rothschild family) the town has a very traditional look and feel. Everything you’d expect, with plenty with wooden chalets and the historic church square at the centre of the towns hustle and bustle.
Still very much regarded as one of the fanciest ski resorts in the Alps, Megève has an heir of excellence and luxury, supported by branded retailers such as Prada, Versace and Hermes all setting up shop in Megève and adding to the booming shopping on offer. Designers line the streets of the medieval centre, along with antique stores, artisans, jewellers and bakers. The shopping really is superior to other ski resorts, it begs the question how anyone gets any skiing in!
We can’t go without mentioning the famous Folie Douce over in the St Gervais ski domain, with its legendary après ski parties, but there are other bars in the town that also get lively enough at golden hour. If you are looking for something with more refined elegance then look no further, the majority offer a more subdued experience with chic cocktail bars, fine wines and champagne galore.
The resort restaurants both on and off the mountain are said to be second to none, with a huge variety on offer from Savoyard dining to Michelin Star, just be ready to pay a little more than you would in other resorts, the luxury of the resort is often reflected in the restaurant prices, but other things like accommodation on offer now cater to a more limited budget.
Megève forms part of the Évasion Montblanc’ ski area which is made up of the other large towns - Saint-Gervais-les-Bains; Combloux; La Giettaz; Les Contamines-Montjoie and Saint-Nicolas-de-Véroce totalling a generous 445km of piste. The skiing in the area is very varied, with a good variety of long runs and challenging pistes to satisfy all levels of skier as well as 2 terrain parks for snowboarders and free style skiers.
So whether you are looking for the luxury upmarket experience that Megève effortlessly delivers, or the more accessible ski holiday fun – the resort of Megève is now well equipped to provide the very best on all fronts, without forgetting its opulent roots.
Practical Information about Geneva to Megève transfers.
On your arrival into Geneva airport, please make your way to our check-in desk to take your transfer. Megève simple to reach, after crossing the boarder and leaving Switzerland the motorway takes you most of the route, then you’ll follow up some more windy mountain roads!
Key Information about your bus transfer between Geneva to Megève
· On arrival into Geneva airport simply head to our transfer desk in the arrivals hall. For more information on how to find us click here.
· Transfer Time to and from Geneva to Megève: 1 hour 15 minutes – (Weather and traffic permitting)
· You will be taken door to door (where accessible by road) Unlike other companies we offer a door to door service so please provide a full address so we can take you to your desired location.
· Ski's or snowboard's, and luggage are all included in the price of your transfer. If you wish to bring a bike then there is a €5 per bike charge, they must also be boxed.
· Baby and booster seats are provided free of charge, simply add this to your booking. Children and babies still require a full seat in a transfer vehicle so count as 1 passenger.
· On your return we will send you an SMS the day before your departure with your pick up time. We aim to get you to the airport at least 1.5 hours before your flight departs. On shared transfers there will be other pick ups on route so the transfer time may be longer.
Looking for suggestions on accommodation, restaurants, ski lessons or gear rental in Megève? Our useful links page has plenty of great suggestions handpicked by us.